This is a test instance of Wikidata. It is not the same as the production website. It is also not a generic MediaWiki testing site: please use the test instance of Wikipedia (or the secondary test instance) for testing unrelated to the Wikibase extension. For more advanced testing, you may wish to simply set up your own copy of MediaWiki and install Wikibase.
The Wikidata Test Wiki is not:
- a place to put content or anything meaningful.
- an arena to play with administrator's tools. If you want to get additional rights, see Wikidata:Requests for permissions.
- where nonsense items will stick.
- a web host or wiki host.
- where you can get away with everything.
- where libel will be tolerated.
- a community.
The Test Wikidata is for developers to test their code without breaking all of Wikimedia, and blowing the world up.
The Test Wikidata may also be used in a classroom environment for teaching basic Wikidata editing to avoid the great confusion resulting from creating pages and breaking a regular project, although this may not always be desirable because of the occasional difference between the test interface and a typical Wikimedia project interface.